Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Ram air rad supports?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram air rad supports?

My car was not originally ram air equiped. It now has what is supposed to be (and hope is) a ram air box. The hood, which I suspect is a cheap knock off, sat on the first box that the car came with. I bought an OEM unit and while it fits better, the hood still sits on the air box. is there supposed to be a different rad support that is used for ramair to non-ram air cars? the other interesting thing is the hood does not line up with the center of the bumper (sits too high), doesn't line up with the headlights (sits too low), but doesn't line up with the fenders (a mixture of high in the middle of fender and low by headlights), and doesn't sit on the hood bump stops. Is this just a product of the lousy hood, sagging bumper (the pass. fender is damaged as well), or possably structure damage? Thanks for the insight. MJ
Old 08-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Bump?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one on the Ram Air cars were taller than the standard TA. I had a SLP lid on my CETA and it still rubbed the hood.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Teching In

The box that was on the car when bought was not a ram air box. The OEM unit I bought and was worried about IS a ram air box judging from pics I took before the swap. I can fit my hand under the new box. I couldn't with the old box.

Last edited by 99 6 speed; 08-26-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Teching In

If you also have a factory ram air hood, then you need to be looking for structural damage if it is hit in the front. If its an aftermarket hood, then there is no telling what you will get.