Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting Cross Drilled Rotors & Calipers pt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Painting Cross Drilled Rotors & Calipers pt1

i finally got the chance to get my cross drilled rotors turned,i been patiently waiting to put them on but i wanted them to look great so,since i havent been driving my car at all i decided to wait it out & do them completly right the first time they look almost new again,but i cant put them on my T/A with rust on them so im painting the rotors & while i have everything apart i will also paint all 4 brake cailpers black & red,i love painting things,but i dont like the prepping side of it,but i have been around body shops all my life & how you prep plays a MAJOR part in how your job will come out so i will begin sanding & taping the rotors,then spraying bulldog on the areas im painting to make everything stick i cant wait til everythings done,stay tuned for the follow up pics
Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet Dude! I'll be staying tuned for sure!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be watching this... just disassembled my entire rear end and painted with POR 15 and also sandblasted my calipers (yes I taped off the bleeder and piston) and sprayed them with red caliper paint. I also ordered new rotors and pads and am thinking about painted the center and the fins black so they don't rust in time - is this what you're doing also?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19xtreme99
I'll be watching this... just disassembled my entire rear end and painted with POR 15 and also sandblasted my calipers (yes I taped off the bleeder and piston) and sprayed them with red caliper paint. I also ordered new rotors and pads and am thinking about painted the center and the fins black so they don't rust in time - is this what you're doing also?
im really painting the hubs on the rotors black,i got them off a Camaro in the salvage yard,they were rusty,but the bummer is im going to wait to put them on because i have to buy matching crossed drilled rotors for the rear so it looks like im still plaing the waiting game LoL!