Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

bumper cover hole repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile bumper cover hole repair

The dealer mounted a license plate bracket to the front bumper cover of my MGM 09 Pontiac G8 GT before I bought the car just over 4 years ago and I have lived with it since. but I’d like to remove it the front of the car looks so much better without it. My question is this is the only repair to fill in the holes, paint and clear coat it? Or is there some way to fill in the holes nice and smooth where it’s hardly noticeable and not have to repaint and clear coat it? I lost the fuel door in a car wash so I bought a new one and had a GM dealer paint it, they got the color match right but there’s almost no metal flake in it I leery about paint shops now. many thanks...
Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

What else you going to do without painting and filling holes? The holes need filled then your left with a surface ready to paint.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
What else you going to do without painting and filling holes? The holes need filled then your left with a surface ready to paint.
thanks for the reply... Didn’t know if maybe there’s a material same color that could be used to fill in the holes say in a semi liquid form that could be smoothed out when applied.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not that i have ever seen or heard, that would cost bodys shops lots of money if they did have something like that. We would charge around 200 to repair the holes, paint,clear,3 stage buff

Quick Reply: bumper cover hole repair