Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fender tabs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fender tabs

Hello guys, I just picked up a 98 Ta for a good deal, well after I got it home I noticed the fender tabs under the car was bent. The fenders looked tucked good but on one side the plastic is completly broke off on the tab, I was wondering if there is anyway I could repair it somehow without having to find a new fender.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by King23
Hello guys, I just picked up a 98 Ta for a good deal, well after I got it home I noticed the fender tabs under the car was bent. The fenders looked tucked good but on one side the plastic is completly broke off on the tab, I was wondering if there is anyway I could repair it somehow without having to find a new fender.
fix many of fenders with that damage. I use Plastic Welder adhesive.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
fix many of fenders with that damage. I use Plastic Welder adhesive.
Would that hold it alone or should I put some kinda small bracket on it too, it don't need to look perfect it's mainly going to be a track car, just really don't want to track down another fender if I can help it.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by King23
Would that hold it alone or should I put some kinda small bracket on it too, it don't need to look perfect it's mainly going to be a track car, just really don't want to track down another fender if I can help it.
the plastic welder is amazing stuff, but sometimes I bury small metal strips or rods in the adhesive to give it strength. Can use a stiff metal mesh too. Just bend it at a 90 degree angle. Make sure you rough up the area with like 60 grit and clean it well before using the plastic welder.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks man I will give it a try.

Quick Reply: Fender tabs