Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Carstar Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carstar Question

Does anyone know if this place does good body work? My car was in an accident involving the rear quarter panel and a small tree....they told me they would "fix" not replace the rear quarter panel...its banged up pretty good too...he said they would use a frame puller to pull everything back out and bondo the rest of it up....also they have to paint the front bumper, front quarter panel, drivers side door, t-top roof panel and get a new rear bumper.

Its getting fixed through Hartford Ins. and the total came to $4000

They told me all there work is covered by a lifetime warranty and the parts have their manufacture warranty.

Has anyone had experience with this place? or know anyone who has? I dont want to put my baby in the wrong hands.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you arent sure about this shop take the car and get an estimate somwhere else. Some shops have direct repair programs with insurance companies. To be on these programs the shops have to give concessions and labor discounts. Shops that have these agreements often take shortcuts to make up the profit difference. You have the right to choose who fixes your car. The insurance company can not tell you to take your car to any one particular shop. Find one that you are comfortable with and go with them.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it seems like the only benifit to going there is I get $100 off my $1000 deductible.

Yeah thats what I dont want....if the insurance is paying for it I dont car how much the repair cost is.

I do knwo something malfunctioned on my car and the car accelerated by its self and that was the cause of the crash.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Been there before. Was driving a fox body Mustang gt vert, was going around a corner hit the gas to make it slide just a little and throttle stuck wide open. To make it worse my buddies and I had already kille a case of beer. Luckily reaction time was enough to shut car off before slamming a poll. Got lucky did not hurt the car or anyone else. scary ride though. As far as the 100 discount sometimes peace of mind is priceless.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vetman1
Some shops have direct repair programs with insurance companies. To be on these programs the shops have to give concessions and labor discounts. Shops that have these agreements often take shortcuts to make up the profit difference.

Not always the case...The company that I am an adjuster for does not get discounts on parts or labor from our "direct repair" shops! The 2 shops that I have worked in never gave discounts to insurance companies!!!

Sure there are crooked shops & ******* insurance companies, it is just like everything else in the automotive industry, "buyer beware"!

Quick Reply: Carstar Question