Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Will this be expensive to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this be expensive to fix?

Hi,

To make a long story short I was backing out of my friends side drive way around 4 AM in the pitch dark and I backed in to a fence that I didn't remember was behind me (it's like half torn down). It's one of those chicken wire type fences and it sliced the paint on the back of my car.

I went to wash it that weekend (and I wasn't aware it did any damage at this time) but the pressure of the water like tore a chunk off where I hit it I guess and I want to get it fixed soon since the wheater is getting nice.

I don't really know anything about cars but plan to take it to the body shop here soon. I just was curious a few things first:

1) How much am I looking at?
2) The car on the right side has the yellow firehawk logo on the back. That side isn't messed up but I'm guessing they will remove all the paint anyways. I have read that you can no longer purchase the Firehawk logo things so any ideas on how to get that back on the car when it's done?
3) The back has the yellow Pontaic in the center with the firehawk logo to the right so I'm curious about this the same as #2
4) They can match the color that the car came with right? It's not like a hidden formula or anything because I don't want the back being brighter than the rest or darker or whatever. (probably a dumb question)

Like will I need to bring in a "Pontiac" logo for the center and a "firehawk" for the right side or will they just put some gunk on the spot and not do the entire thing. If I am to get those logos where would I get them, ecspecially if the firehawk one is no longer produced.

Never had paint work done on a car so sorry for the questions.

Here is a picture below. Should be able to click it for a bigger one. It was real sunny outside so there's a little glare/reflection on the pic. It's also a bit dirty I didn't want to wash it and tear anymore paint off it for the time being.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You always just put a bumper sticker right there

I would think any good shop should be able to fix that, without painting the whole rear. That isn't a pearl paint job right?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Teching In

I don't know what a pearl paint job is so I will assume no. I am pretty sure it's whatever came from the dealer.

I thought of a sticker but my baby is just crying for repair. Everytime I look at it it looks pretty until I walk around back and see that little spot and it irks my nerves so bad. If it will be real expensive where I gotta save up a bit more I will submit and put a sticker on it as I'd rather hide it than leave it there.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't imagine it'll be that expensive. Just take it to a good shop and get a quote.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

$200 - $400 depending on blending work and on if it dug into the bumper at all.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

i have a red ta bumper and also access to a red ws6 bumper thats for sale pm me if interested

Quick Reply: Will this be expensive to fix?