Notices

WTB various interior parts - Anyone parting out a manual, T-Top car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB various interior parts - Anyone parting out a manual, T-Top car?

Hey Guys

So I need some odds and ends interior stuff to finish off my Trans Am.

I need the square with the shift boot that clicks into the lower center console, around the shifter. I think this is the same regardless of 5spd or 6spd, but I may be wrong.

I need a passenger side t-top that doesn't leak... The seal on mine has shrunk with the elements and age. T-top or just the weather stripping - either should work.

I need the turn signal stock plus the stuff under it... More specifically - the piece that connects the signal stalk with the metal bar that flips on the high beams.

I need a drivers side passenger seat bottom - previous owner put a battery on the back seat and it ate the cloth off the cushion. Grayish blue cloth.

I need a GOOD power window motor and regulator for the passenger side (and driver side, but that one still works well enough), or a complete swap for both sides to crank windows.

and a decent set of floor mats would be nice, as well as a decent set of sun visors.

I prefer to buy local, cause i'm sure shipping on some of this stuff might be too much to make it worth it - but i'm up for offers. I was hoping to find a car to part out myself, but there are none at a reasonable price around here.

I'm on the South Shore of MA. If you know where the Slowhawk shop is, I'm like 10 minutes from there. I can pick up. I'm hoping somebody is parting a car out or going to a drag car.

I can trade my old t-top for the new one if you're parting the car out or going to garage the car - It only leaks when it sits outside in the rain, and only when it rains heavily. so it would work for a drag car or if you're just parting the car and are going to junk the body.

Thanks guys
Old 07-03-2010, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

I have a good column that would allow you to not have to pull apart the whole thing to put in the stock. $40 plus shipping on it, also from a 96 T/A.

I have an excellent door/ttop weatherstrip for your car if maybe its that weatherstrip thats at fault?

Also have a passenger side reg/window motor if you need it. Tho if its just the window not rolling up and down and you don't need a reg it may be cheaper just to buy a new motor from ebay for $20? If you need the reg/window motor tho I can do $50 on it...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

I'm pretty positive it is the weatherstrip piece that is attached to the T-Top that meets the window, so if thats what you have, I'm definitely interested.

a whole column may be a bit much, i just need the assembly that connects the stalk to the high beam switch. but, what is shipping from you to 02324? if its reasonable, that much just be the easiest way to do it.

I'm going to try the Auto Trix Passenger window fix. mine goes VERY slowly up and down.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

My guess is your motor is close to going out and just needs replaced. They will continually slow until they are dead.

$12 gets the column to you. I think it takes a good hr or two to get the column apart so I think the whole column replacement would be the best way to go....

As for the t-top it looks like to me the weatherstrip that goes on the car rather than the t-top does the majority of the sealing except where the door window contacts the ttop. If you want to pull of the ttop and take a look at it lmk...
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ddr698
My guess is your motor is close to going out and just needs replaced. They will continually slow until they are dead.

$12 gets the column to you. I think it takes a good hr or two to get the column apart so I think the whole column replacement would be the best way to go....

As for the t-top it looks like to me the weatherstrip that goes on the car rather than the t-top does the majority of the sealing except where the door window contacts the ttop. If you want to pull of the ttop and take a look at it lmk...
Hmm. That sounds reasonable. Guess I'll pick up a new motor from rockauto or something.

Yeah, the t top strip that is on the actual t top to complete the seal with the window has dried and shortened, so theres a gap between the end of the t top seal and the door weather stripping.

Hmmmm. Whole column replacement would be easier, and the high beams work fine? Would I have to switch ignitions or do you have the key(s)? I'll have to think about that one, but i'll definitely keep you in mind
Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Yep I have the key to go with it. so you wouldn't have to switch the lock cylinder that way. Everything with the column worked great. The car only had 89k on it.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got a t-top I can ship to you $110.00 shipped. Just let me know what year because the 96 and up have a bigger lip on the ends. Call 914-514-7156.Or we can say $65.00 plus shipping because it might be less. I"m shipping from Westchester county New York.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

mine is a 1996.

if you could gimme a quote to 02324
Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

bump. also need some side skirts for a 96... I'd say quasar blue, but i'll never get another set the same color, i'll have to respray em... pulled my car cover off to work on it and ripped off my driver's side skirt. (it was already cracked...)
Old 08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the t-top and the turn signal and can ship both and my car is a 99 t/a if it matters