PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best location for wideband o2 sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best location for wideband o2 sensor?

i'm planning on putting a wideband o2 on my car and wondering where the best location would be. i have true duals and no cats with the mufflers dumping right before the rear axle. i was thinking about 1-2 feet before the muffler? i've heard the sensors don't like to get too hot. would this be an appropriate place? TIA.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Best location for wideband o2 sensor?

They should be within two feet of the engine or basically about the same as stock location, although the stock location for the second set (post cats) might work. It all depends on the setup. I have one a little farther back on my twin turbo car since you cant put the sensor between the engine and the turbos. The turbo cause to much back pressure which interferes with the accuracy. They have to be hot just like the stock sensors.

Gary
Old 10-10-2003, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Best location for wideband o2 sensor?

They should be within two feet of the engine or basically about the same as stock location, although the stock location for the second set (post cats) might work. It all depends on the setup. I have one a little farther back on my twin turbo car since you cant put the sensor between the engine and the turbos. The turbo cause to much back pressure which interferes with the accuracy. They have to be hot just like the stock sensors.

Gary

Quick Reply: Best location for wideband o2 sensor?