Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST Flash programmer

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST Flash programmer

I was unaware until recently that FAST made a handheld tuner...
So I was just wondering if anybody has any experience/opinions on its quality and bang for the buck power. Or is there a better tuner out there?

I have zero experience tuning, so how user friendly is this as well?
I know it has preset tunes but how effective are they?
Car is in sig. I would like a tune of some sort(I thought about Dyno tune but thats expensive as hell), its running fine, no codes after header install at all.

Basically wondering if this is a good option or if I should just get it dyno tuned. Also, is there any potential danger running it untuned(it has been for about 3 weeks now) for now?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm a tune noob basically looking for a reliable power tune of some sort in the near future.
Also, I'm at work, I did search a lil but I don't have much time atm, sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Get hp tuners. ill help ya with whatever ya need.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Teching In

What about the need to tune the car? There's nothing full exhaust without a tune could harm for now(it's my DD), correct?
That was pretty much my main question.
Someone told me the car could run too lean after headers, and do damage. Its not throwing codes, seems to be running fine, but I do want to raise the question. Frankly it kinda weirds me out that it isn't cuz damn near everybody I know who's done LTs throws codes after.

I will look into HP Tuners too, and should I go with that I'm sure I will need help and I'll take you up on that offer. It seems like jumpin off the boat without a vest to learn how to swim(could be wrong... just sayin it looks intense and complicated).

Nobody has any input on the FAST tuner at all in the mean time though? Its a big name, I'd think somebody here has sniffed around their tuner at some point... just trying to weigh my options.
It seems very easy to use and get a basic power tune out of from what I've read on the FAST site. That only tells so much though, I can't find any reviews of it whatsoever or any personal opinions or info on gains from it.

What kind of gains could I expect with any Handheld vs HP Tuners vs Dyno Tune with a mildly modded car such as mine?

Feel free to chime in with any info guys, I'm at ground zero here basically.
I know this place is a ghost town these days... but damn.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 AM
11 Second Club

handheld tuners suck. if you have a 1998 ill give you my hypertech for FREE. hp tuners/efi live (i cant help with efi live, never used it!) are probly what is gonna be used when someone tunes your car on a dyno, i am a do it myself kinda guy so i like being able to tune my own car, when i throw an upgrade on, i throw on the wide band and go for a lil drive and keep it running PERFECT. i have a 242/244 cam and it holds idle with no surging at 900 rpm

Quick Reply: FAST Flash programmer