Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1153 code ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P1153 code ?

Scanner shows this code. Says fuel delivery prob. System lean left bank. Have 60 psi at the rail. Any thoughts as to WTF??? TIA!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Ok....after checking out the diagnostics sticky that's up, my scanner must be STOOOPID. The p1153 code is : HO2S Insufficient switching Bank 2 Sensor 1. Is this simply an O2 sensor malfunction? I've got the pre cat O2 wire that seems awfully close to the collector on the driver side(would this do it?)but have it/them routed as far away from the header as possible.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:01 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto...i have the same code. any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Teching In

I have frequently seen this code and it is a result of a few different scenarios: It is most frequent on cars with larger exhaust ("hypothesis") I feel that the sampling of a larger exh @ lower RPM will not produce the heat nor the toggling of rich/lean that the PCM wants to see. Usually the 02's will toggle fast and faster at 2K rpm and cruising speeds. The basis for this DTC is that the 02 is not toggling at the desired rate. Many tuners simply shut it off. However make sure that your 02 is toggling under cruise, the code will probably come back even if you replace the 02 within a month is my guess, but I would like more confirmation on this. I have replaced 02's and they have gone bad not too long after even though the LTFT's are within 5%

Jeremy
Old 11-11-2003, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Jeremy... 3" TD on the car. Hadn't thought of that. Thinking I've found the prob though. After further investigation and removal of the O2's, I've found that the hole that was drilled in the collector for the O2 bung, and the O2 bung itself were not welded on "true", in that the bung is offset to the hole in the collector causing the fins on the sensor to be crushed closed as the O2 was being threaded into the bung. I'm guessing this would definately throw the said code if the O2 isn't able to read the EG's

Have fixed that prob w/the die grinder, and installed new O2's. This P1153 is an Alpha or class A code. Removeing the battery cables and or the PCM fuses is not clearing it from the puter and the car is still running like ****. Same exact way it ran when the header fried an O2 wire a month ago. Pulled the harness on the pass. side and checked each wire in the bundle for any signs of overheating, but all looked good.

Not sure what to look at next ....anybody have any thoughts/suggestions???
Old 11-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Teching In

programming The DTC is a type B.

Jeremy Formato

Quick Reply: P1153 code ?