Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech power programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!(power programmer)

I have a hypertech power programmer I bought for my 1998 Formula I sold the car and got an LT1.......sold it and I'm going back to the LS1 is my programmer useless now? Or will it still work for an LS1....I have heard it only works with the one car you used it on but I have also heard it will still work let me know if you have any info on this problem thanks guys.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:42 AM
STF Veteran

It will still work on same year car ('98 LS1), only if you set the formula back to stock before getting rid of the car. The way Hypertech stops people from using one programmer on everyone and their mom's car is like this- once you program your car with the Hypertech, it retains the original program from the factory. The only way you can reprogram another car is to swap programs first. Then you'll be able to use it again, but only with a same year car you bought it for.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just save some money and get Predator or LS1 Edit. HPP# is too limited once you mod your car H/C, headers etc...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

What is a Predator or LS1 edit? What all does it do and about how much do they run?

Originally Posted by 4thGENRETARD
Just save some money and get Predator or LS1 Edit. HPP# is too limited once you mod your car H/C, headers etc...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Predator is a handheld programmer made by Diablo and LS1Edit is a very powerful, laptop based software made by Carputing. Sponsors (---->) carry the Predator but I can't remember if any of them carry edit or if you have to get it directly from carputing or not. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for your help I appriciate it do you know how much a predator runs? Thanks again

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
Predator is a handheld programmer made by Diablo and LS1Edit is a very powerful, laptop based software made by Carputing. Sponsors (---->) carry the Predator but I can't remember if any of them carry edit or if you have to get it directly from carputing or not. Good luck.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by drunilla
Thanks for your help I appriciate it do you know how much a predator runs? Thanks again
Anywhere from $320 to $365 depending where u buy it.

Post a thread, maybe someone here is ready to sell.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you buy a new predator its gonna run you about 420, but sell your hypertech its pretty much junk except for the shift points and rev limiter. Predator will be very beneficial when you want to do more mods. Plus with Predator you can do real time diagnostics. Its a very nice product and I highly recommend it. Good Luck

WeS