Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure displays on gauges, but not on AutoTAP

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil pressure displays on gauges, but not on AutoTAP

For some reason, although my oil pressure reads good on the Trans Am gauge, my AutoTAP is showing zero oil pressure. AutoTAP says it's set up to display a 0-5V signal for oil pressure. Anybody have any idea why the oil pressure isn't coming through to the AutoTAP?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

if autotap runs through a dlc, and your working with a 4th gen trans am. Then the pcm never sees a oil pressure signal so it cant send oil pressure through the dlc. the sensor is only hooked to the gauge, it never goes to the pcm.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cherryelky305
if autotap runs through a dlc, and your working with a 4th gen trans am. Then the pcm never sees a oil pressure signal so it cant send oil pressure through the dlc. the sensor is only hooked to the gauge, it never goes to the pcm.
...sometimes the simplest answers are the best! Thanks, you're right. I had mis-read the instrument panel schematic and I was thinking the oil pressure gauge was getting its info from the serial data line, like the coolant temp, fuel, tach, and speedometer. Looking back at the schematic, I see you're correct.

FYI, it's in a '71 Chevelle running '99 T/A running gear and electronics, and yes, the AutoTAP runs through the DLC.

Thanks again for your help.