PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stranded at a friend's house.. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stranded at a friend's house.. HELP!!!

Okay, this might not be a tuning problem... but any help at this point would be helpful. I've been posting like crazy and searching everywhere, we are having a hell of a problem.

Heres the run down.

We had put 42# injectors in the truck, it actually still ran great on stock flow rate in the tune and a stock pump.

We just put the 255 lph pump on there, this sucker is pumping good. Bled the air from the rails at the schrader valve. It DID crank and idled like ****, like it was flooded for a couple seconds. Now i cant even get it to catch. Oil doesnt smell like fuel. Now at the schrader valve fuel is just flowing out, so no more air. Checked the plugs, not fouled... it doesnt even sound like it wants to hit tho.

Now... in the tune ive tried a couple different things. I dont have the flow rate chart that i wanted to use with me anymore, so if anyone could figure what the flow rate table should look like that would help. however, no matter what the tune is at it SHOULD crank at least. Im having a hell of a time and im a little pissed at this point bc i swear we have everything going on right, gotta be something stupid im over looking.

Is there something drastic that needs to be changed in the tune to get this to work? I THINK the 01 trucks have the return-fuel system? or am i wrong? Idk if this is going to make a diff. or not.

Right now i have the neg. cable off the battery letting the pcm power down.. idk what to do, freaking stumped. Please help! any suggestions, even if its stupid, we'll try it.

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of 42# injectors are you using?
Old 08-08-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GA95DCMSS
What kind of 42# injectors are you using?
racetronix flow matched injectors
Old 08-08-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Junkie

okay update... not like anyone is looking at this, lol.

we are putting the old pump back on... heres the question. This pump is surging like it should when you turn the key to on.. the truck will start and run off that intial surge but not continue to pump (so no pressue)... is it possible for the pump to be working "half assed" and not continue to pump?
Old 08-08-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

sounds like you're pump isnt running after it primes. theres where i'd look if i was diagnosing it.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 AM
TECH Junkie

you are the winner... i decided to get the hell off the computer and play around some more.

question... how many retards does it take to figure out the pump isnt pumping after it primes? Apparently 3... lol i had one person holding the schrader open to see if it was pumping while cranking, i had another person holding their hand over the pump to feel if it was pumping.

but you are exactly right. Pump will prime and prime hard... you crank it and it runs, sputters, putts and dies on the little bit of primed fuel and never pumps again.

is it possible for the pump to be working half-assed like that? what a cluster ****.. im going over there right now this morning to put the stock one back in and **** it for now, lol. thanks for the help
Old 08-09-2009, 06:03 AM
TECH Junkie

i thought it was the tune w/ how it was acting

but im being told from many reliable sources that... even with the flow rate off or weird, even with the plugs half way fouled out or fouled out, it should still run some what. so there you have it... bad walbro 255 pump.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 10 Year

yeah it should still run. as for why its acting that way, i'd seriously go through and check connections at the pump.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

yea, thats what we thought, if the wiring was wrong. But we litteraly unplugged the stock pump and put on the new one. Only difference was the modded bucket, put a new sock on and it would prime but not run. It was so odd, thats why this is in the tuning section because I thought maybe it was a tuning issue.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
9 Second Club

Joe i have another one if you wanna try it.