Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM tune? what do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PCM tune? what do I have?

I'm looking for some help from anyone willing to give it. I just bought a '99 SS with quite a few modifications done, including tuning. The problem is that I'm still learning the car as far as feel for myself and what it likes and doesn't. I received a ton of parts with it, including a hypertech programer. The car was also tuned by Speed Inc. My question is are both the hypertech tune and the tune by Speed Inc working together or is it only the Speed Inc. tune in the ECM? How and who would I talk to to find out what the tune is? Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

You will only have "1" tune on the car. I imagine that the Hypertech was just something that the former owner used along the way in his or her modding path.

Besides the obvious of asking the previous owner which may or may not be viable, I would contact Speed Inc. with the previous owners information.

We keep detailed records of our tunes in house. I bet they could help you out.

Doc
Old 08-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Thanks. I thought that be the way to go, but i don't have the info. A friend of mine bought the car a month and a half ago from the guy who did the work, then his wife lost her job and had to sell it and I bought it, so.. I have another question then. The hypertech programmer that came with eveything, can that be used on another vehicle then if it has been used on one before? I have a stock '02 WS6 A4 with exhaust. Can I tune that vehicle with it without wrecking the ECM?

Last edited by TA Collector; 08-16-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The hypertech can be used on only one car. But it can be "uninstalled" from the fist car and used on a second car. You could hook it up to your other car and try it, if it is locked because it has been used it will just tell you. I would not recommend hooking it up to the car you just purchased with the custom tune though.