Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp tuners criusing prob

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hp tuners criusing prob

i am a new self tuner and have question. i have done pretty good so far with tuning my maf for my cam and heads. just need to get a dyno to finish tweaking the afr and spark. any way my problem is this after my car warms up and i am shifting gears the car idles at roughly 1500rpm while in motion and goes back to its normal 800 when it is stopped. and at sixty the car stays at 2000 rpm making it difficult to go in to sixth gear with out the car lurching. Anyway i am not sure which table i have to adjust. already been in the throttle cracker and throttle follower table and it helped some because the problem was worse before. I am assuming i have to adjust and airflow table and just wondering if anyone knows which one that would be and how i would adjust ex. like trial and error method or with a histogram. thanks guys
Old 08-27-2009, 06:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Post up your log and tune. Sounds like a RAF or throttle cracker issue.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not sure how to post it that stuff but like i said already dicked with the throttle cracker and got some improvement. by the way what is raf and i will try and post my log and tune tomorrow. thanks for the input
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

By raf I would assume he is talking about required airflow. I wouldnt think that this is your issue as idle is fine when stopped.
Throttle cracker will be the main culprit in this case. You will need to reduce the amount of added airflow from this table. The amount to reduce can be a personal thing so I would say to adjust by a percentage until you are happy.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
9 Second Club

See where it says "Post Quick Reply"? Right next to it says "go advanced", click on that. Now under where it says additional options it says "Manage attatchments". Click on that than click "browse" now find where you have your current tune file saved on your computer. Now just have it upload your attatchment and it would be nice to see a scan of you driving where you are having the problems. Same process for that.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks nitro and 5.7 for the help. I am going to try what 5.7 suggested first and if i don't have any luck i will posting my tunes and logs. thanks for explaining the process nitro, i'm not very computer literate for someone growing up in the computer generation. lol
Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

Ok well zero out your throttle cracker in the 400 - 1600 rpm range. Also under throttle follower airflow zero that all out below 13.5% tps. If that doesn't help let me know.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i changed throttle cracker back to the stock one. apparently i had used one from my buddys tune for his tr 224r cam. It is alot better except in 5th at 6o mph when i shift to 6th. It stills sticks a 2000rpm for a second or two which it did when i first got the car and it was stock so i think i just need to fool with the delay and decay a bit but overall thanks for the help guys. your suggestions were spot on