Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e38 pcm and stock LT1 analog tach

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default e38 pcm and stock LT1 analog tach

Anyone have any idea how to make the e38 pcm work with the analog LT1 tach? I have HPTuners so I can tune if necessary.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT

Does anyone have a write up on this yet?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if this helps, but the tach signal is read off one bank... For my shift light I had to use the 4 cylinder setting
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default E38 ECM and tachometer

Some E38 software sets have the tachometer output wire enabled and others don't. It depends on the vehicle platform. The 2010 Camaro software doesn't but I think the Corvette software does.

If you are using a software set that doesn't have it enabled you just need to change the output type to enable the analog RPM output.

In HPTuners they call the variable "Tach output". Serial output disables the tachometer wire. In EFIlive it is called "Tachometer Type".

Keep in mind you also have to make sure you have a pull-up resistor in the system. I think some LT1 applications had a pull-up resistor in the dash and others didn't. Without a pull-up resistor you won't get an RPM signal that your dash car use.

We do this to put a shift light on the 2010 Camaro SS. With our RPM switch we could just connect to a coil wire but it is cleaner and possibly more reliable to connect to the tachometer output wire in the ECM and make that work like it should.

Originally Posted by pillagenburn
Anyone have any idea how to make the e38 pcm work with the analog LT1 tach? I have HPTuners so I can tune if necessary.

Quick Reply: e38 pcm and stock LT1 analog tach