PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does any tuning software allow "profiles"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any tuning software allow "profiles"?

I have tried to search, and maybe I'm just using the wrong words, but does EFIlive or HPtuners or any other software tuners allow you to set up selectable profiles for driving? What I mean for profiles are like an economy mode or a torque oriented mode. Something selectable at the flip of a switch instead of having to reflash the ecu each time. I could be totally off base here, but I could have sworn I read something to that effect at one point and now I just cant find it. It would be great to have something that would run fast on the street/strip, make great torque offroad, and be able to save gas on longer trips. Thanks for any help!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No. If you tune it correctly then all aspects of driving and performance should be optimized.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like he said if you use a wideband and tune the ve table right it will do exactly what your talking about
Old 10-30-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

EFI offers a switch that allows altering the spark and maybe fuel with COS5 and there are companies who offer custom tunable handheld tuners that hold multiple program so you can easily switch between 2 tunes.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Jedi Master

Originally Posted by hellbents10
No. If you tune it correctly then all aspects of driving and performance should be optimized.
Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Like he said if you use a wideband and tune the ve table right it will do exactly what your talking about
You are both missing his point. He wants to have separate tunes that he can switch between with the flick of a switch

1. Economy tune - perhaps a tune that is OL and leaner than normal during standard driving conditions
2. Drag racing tune
3. Nitrous tune
4. And so on...
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP, not in the way you are wanting.

But, I ponied up the bucks for the RoadRunner PCM and just download a new tune via the laptop while driving.

I am not saying that the money spent on a new PCM just to have that feature is for everyone, but if you like 'lazy' that is the way to go.

Obviously, you still need a laptop and wideband (for WOT). In reality though I usually run one tune. Occasionally I will aggressively modify the IAT Spark Table to add or subtract timing for various temperatures. If you work with enough modifiers (fuel & spark) in effect you are creating multiple profiles.

But, lets be honest. It takes less than 15 seconds to load a new tune in. Probably faster than working on all the profiles you might need.

Good idea though!

Best of luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 10-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the replies. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be missing out on something if I went with the wrong tuning software.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there are "performance mode" transmission tuning tables for automatic cars that you can adjust and wire in a switch to flip between. i've got mine setup that way.

with everything else, the thing is you can tune the car to do what you want it to do based on throttle position.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually Craig Moates, sells a kit to put 2 memory chips in the same PCM, so yes it would hold 2 tunes. The only drawback I see is that you have to turn the vehicle off to switch betwwen them. So to the OP, yes you can have 2 seperate tunes in one PCM

http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...roducts_id=218
Old 10-31-2009, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

interesting on the craig motes setup. If both images are the same at the beginning, you could likely only need 1 license to use that with your tuning product.

I've seen the $500 version from Australia, but at $150, it gets a little more affordable.

Ryan
Old 11-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
interesting on the craig motes setup. If both images are the same at the beginning, you could likely only need 1 license to use that with your tuning product.

I've seen the $500 version from Australia, but at $150, it gets a little more affordable.

Ryan
That was how the licensing was explained to me by Paul, from EFI Live, if you start with the same tune, it only required a single license, and I know he talked to Craig before he responed to me, since I talked to Craig later on about it. Seems like a great setup to put valet mode on your vehicle. If I ever find the time to upgrade my Syclone to a 411 PCM, I'll be getting one.