Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help WOT issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help WOT issues

I am going nuts trying to find out what is going on, I didnt notice the issue when I only had 62% throttle, now after dynotune and seeing this and fixing the issue of the throttle I have a massive bog/power loss when I jump into wot especially noticable in 1st, it still does it in other gears and sometimes it feels like ignition because it will breakup when it is about to peak and then it will eventually come out of it. I have been back to the tuner to see if we could find the issue in which case couldnt really replicate, I heard it do it while he was dynoing but he thought it was trans slipage. It does not bog if I gradually go wot. I have checked TPS voltage, just over .600 at idle and 4.7 at wot. I have disconnected the de-screened MAF and same issue, no codes are setting except when I disconnect MAF. Fuel pressure is 62 at idle & 6olbs at wot during dyno. There is no traction control as this is a conversion and tuned out as well as all non essentail stuff. The engine and trans came out of an 04 GTO, I am running the Voodoo 222/228 cam, Yank SS3200 stall, Kooks headers, P&P throttle body that I may try and put the stock back on to try. The car has been dyno tuned and have gone back to the original tune just to try and still no difference. I have even backed off the cable so that I only get 96% wot and still does it. I have HP tuners and even though I am not real experienced with it and did not tweek anything sensors all look nomal. I am desperatly needing help here.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Being I am by no means real experienced with the HP Tuner here is my config and some log files.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
crz2wot.hpl (3.3 KB, 131 views)
grad2wotn2secnd.hpl (3.8 KB, 137 views)
wot-1.hpl (2.4 KB, 124 views)
File Type: hpt
1948_GTO.hpt (508.0 KB, 179 views)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

I added another ground strap this past weekend from the engine to firewall and went back to the final config from the tuner, I then disconnect my ecm for a couple hours to reset everything being Monday was to be a nice day and I had to go to a customer sight that was about 90miles one way thought it would be good idea just to start out somewhat fresh. I seem to have gotten rid f the breakup problem and appears not happen anymore in the upper part of 2nd or during any passing gear wot passes. I am still getting a major bog/power loss when trying to do a hard take off from either rolling or dead stop, it will clear toweds the end of first but will com back in as soon as you get into 2nd and then will clear. I am in need of some ideas, suggestions, anything.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

you are probably getting burst knock retard that is pulling a ton of timing causing the car to bog. if not does your car have a cable or electronic throttle body. if it is electronic then you may be triggering a 1514 code.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by exploder
you are probably getting burst knock retard that is pulling a ton of timing causing the car to bog. if not does your car have a cable or electronic throttle body. if it is electronic then you may be triggering a 1514 code.
Cable operated & direct to pedal. no codes prior to run, but now have po1121 and because of thermastat change to 160 degree Im getting p0128