Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning question. help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning question. help?

ok i had a really bad response To going catless. i went from averaging about 18 MPG To 6 at best. the car will sit and idle then every once in a while will start dumping massive fuel To the point where you can't stand behind the car or your eyes will water. it'll randomly start idleing at 400ish rpm and smell terrible and sound like its flooding and then rev and go back To normal. i bought o2 sims and they didn't do jack ****. so i had one person tell me that when i tune it i should raise the parameters for the rear o2s To what the front o2 usually read and the problem will go away. i had another person tell me To just delete the rear o2 banks. now the zip ties i had holding the sims up melted and they dropped down and got ripped off so my connectors are shot. so should i just delete the rear banks or fix the connectors and change the parameters? or Is there a better way To go about this? thank you in advance for any responses.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That has nothing to do with cats; sounds like you have front O2 issues or leaky exhaust. Your front O2s are stock and untouched right? Their wires didn't get crossed either did they? The rear O2s do nothing to fueling; the worst thing they can do to your car is set an SES light.