PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure 70psi after Racetronix Install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pressure 70psi after Racetronix Install?

Hello,
Recently, my stock fuel pump was going out and I ordered and installed a direct fit Racetronix fuel pump in my 99 A4 Trans Am. Prior to my old pump going out, the fuel presser ran at ~ 58# with a WOT AFR of 12.8:1. Also, my MAF calibration is spot on and my VE was working well.

Since installing the new pump, which went very well, my pressure at the rails is ~ 70 psi at idle and drops a few psi under a load. I am not using a Hotwire kit, still off the stock harness.

Anyway, the car still starts and runs decent except that my AFR has become too rich by 0.5 -0.6:1. I am assuming that the increased fuel pressure is causing this. So, the question is, what is the best way to fix this? I am not too excited about tweaking my VE or MAF calibrations since they are correct and help to make other tuning aspects accurate.
I am using FIC 33# @ 43.5# LS1 injectors that I had before changing out my fuel pump. I calibrated the IFR for them and had no problems at all except for rich off throttle coasting.

Is it possible to adjust/alter injector settings to compensate for the higher fuel pressure? And, if so, how would I go about doing that?
I have attached the tune that ran well at 58# of fuel pressure but is too rich at 70# and a log file of this tune running at 70 psi.

Thank you and any assistance would be appreciated,
Robert
Attached Files
File Type: efi
Oct31_Log_0001.efi (422.4 KB, 170 views)
File Type: tun
Old 11-29-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Robert, you would use the IFR spreadsheet to recalulate IFR table B4001 based on 70 psi rail pressure.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you mighta accidentaly done something to your pressure regulator when you put the racetronix pump in...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t/a98
sounds like you mighta accidentaly done something to your pressure regulator when you put the racetronix pump in...
????????????? The regulator is in the fuel rail.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since when? guess you dont have much experience with an f-body fueling system....

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure 70psi after Racetronix Install?