PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning in or around indiana? teachers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning in or around indiana? teachers?

looking for a tuner basically, i have been playing with HP tuners with my car and a few others, dont have it on my laptop nor do i have the cable, so its basically any time i can get ahold of it. i was curious if there was anyone around here that would be willing to let me set in on some tuning or help out while its being done. HP tuners, EFIlive, any type of tuning, i dont want payed or a job i just want to learn and aquire more knowledge and teaching because i plan on making a business out of this at some point. more on the internal and bolt on side and if i had a tuner on call id be willing to set up some customers after i got done with my part of it. i have 3 guys lined up for next spring to be tuned after i finish all the work this winter, plus my own money pit im building.

i dont know of anyone in central indiana anymore, as far as i know chad at GLMS got out of tuning. (for the moment i think?? bad economy like the rest of the world) although he is only the next town over which would greatly help. im just looking for some input if anyone has anything i would appreciate the help. any input would be a very great help.

thanks for any input and help guys, im just trying to get started so we have a place in central indiana.

thanks chad

mods
if my request is in the wrong place feel free to move this, also if for some reason this isnt a correct post as to take business from tech sponsers lock it what ever you guys do.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chad's a good teacher, he taught me well.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
looking for a tuner basically, i have been playing with HP tuners with my car and a few others, dont have it on my laptop nor do i have the cable, so its basically any time i can get ahold of it. i was curious if there was anyone around here that would be willing to let me set in on some tuning or help out while its being done. HP tuners, EFIlive, any type of tuning, i dont want payed or a job i just want to learn and aquire more knowledge and teaching because i plan on making a business out of this at some point. more on the internal and bolt on side and if i had a tuner on call id be willing to set up some customers after i got done with my part of it. i have 3 guys lined up for next spring to be tuned after i finish all the work this winter, plus my own money pit im building.

i dont know of anyone in central indiana anymore, as far as i know chad at GLMS got out of tuning. (for the moment i think?? bad economy like the rest of the world) although he is only the next town over which would greatly help. im just looking for some input if anyone has anything i would appreciate the help. any input would be a very great help.

thanks for any input and help guys, im just trying to get started so we have a place in central indiana.

thanks chad

mods
if my request is in the wrong place feel free to move this, also if for some reason this isnt a correct post as to take business from tech sponsers lock it what ever you guys do.
There's enough out there about tuning, and these software packages that is public knowledge that learning to tune isn't as much of the trial and error (actually all of tuning is trial and error, to some degree or not) that it used to be. Although without access to the software, and actually seeing what happens after the changes you make, it's a very abstract idea that you have to grasp. Most of the knowledge of a particular tuner is based on experience. Problem cars, that give me headaches, that I just want to leave and never see again, are the ones I always walk away learning something new about. That knowledge base of problem solving is something that nothing but experience can give you is what it takes to make tuning a business. Hope your find somebody near you, if not PM me.

Last edited by Tuner@Straightline; 12-09-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tuner@Straightline
There's enough out there about tuning, and these software packages that is public knowledge that learning to tune isn't as much of the trial and error (actually all of tuning is trial and error, to some degree or not) that it used to be. Although without access to the software, and actually seeing what happens after the changes you make, it's a very abstract idea that you have to grasp. Most of the knowledge of a particular tuner is based on experience. Problem cars, that give me headaches, that I just want to leave and never see again, are the ones I always walk away learning something new about. That knowledge base of problem solving is something that nothing but experience can give you is what it takes to make tuning a business. Hope your find somebody near you, if not PM me.
Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
Chad's a good teacher, he taught me well.
redhardsupra,
yes, i know chad and knew he was a very good tuner, unfortunaltly he got out of the game soon after i got in and im not sure hed be willing to take on some of my business now. i dont live far so ill run into him and talk to him sometime.

mike,

i understand that there is millions of pages and websites out there to learn about tuning these things and i study day after day, i live and breath this life style now, but we all know hands on trial and error is the best method. at least it is for me lol
i appreciate the advice and i am willing to put in the time and effort and what ever else is needed to get my name out there and get somewhere in this game. i will continue my search and will keep you in mind. thanks again.

chad
Old 12-12-2009, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Im in east indiana and have a tunercat f body kit with the y cable.
I also have aa 90 vette that could be tuned on
Old 12-14-2009, 05:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Marcin. Chad is correct that this was my last summer. Due to family reasons, work, and school, I just don't have the time anymore to do the cars the way I want to. It is a lot of trial and error as Mike said in addition to having problem cars that you learn from. Depending on what you are in need of, I would be willing to help you learn some of the basics so you have a start and then you can go from there. First purchase a tuning suite (HPT or EFILive) and a wideband. If you decide on HPT don't get the standard, go pro. All I use is EFILive where a lot are using HPT. Don't ask which one is better as it will start a war.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Thanks Marcin. Chad is correct that this was my last summer. Due to family reasons, work, and school, I just don't have the time anymore to do the cars the way I want to. It is a lot of trial and error as Mike said in addition to having problem cars that you learn from. Depending on what you are in need of, I would be willing to help you learn some of the basics so you have a start and then you can go from there. First purchase a tuning suite (HPT or EFILive) and a wideband. If you decide on HPT don't get the standard, go pro. All I use is EFILive where a lot are using HPT. Don't ask which one is better as it will start a war.
chad,
i hope things work out and you can get back around to doing some tuning soon, I am in the process of looking for software at this moment to purchase so i can tune while at the track. and i wont ask which is better as to keep WWIII at bay i have an HPT setup that i can use but am wanting to see more what EFILive is like on these cars. i would be more than greatful if you would be willing to work with me on some of this stuff as far as tuning. learning just the basics is really all i need, but if i could learn more i am willing to spend all the time i can.

im in the process of a build right now and will need some new tuning and trans work next season. even before this i was having problems with it shifting at WOT. was going on the limiter and next time was short shifting. Also will need some insight on pistons and how to tune with nitrous.

i appreciate the input and if your willing to help me just pm me and id be willing to spend any amount of time your free to help. thanks for the insight ill be in touch.
also not sure but do you still have the camaro? i saw you run a few times at bunker and never saw it after that. what happened there?

chad

Last edited by NAVY99B4C; 12-14-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 AM
TECH Junkie

No I got tired of the camaro and wanted a new project. I had several H/C setups in it and was ready for a change. I got rid of it and picked up my vette in 07'. Haven't looked back.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

Haha, i hear that thats the direction we will all want to go, ill get to that point some day im sure.

Quick Reply: tuning in or around indiana? teachers?