Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random dying, free sandwhich for answer

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Random dying, free sandwhich for answer

So, since I'm in college, I had to let my car to the mechanic for a weird issue. I posted previously on this, but I couldn't find the old thread and I got new info. So, anywho. The car will start perfect and run fine, standing still. if it moves about 5 or so ft, it dies. Any gear. Just dies. Then it won't start for about 15min. Okay, it threw a crankshaft position sensor circuit, no activity code. (I forgot the code, but that's what it translated to). I replaced the CKP sensor and the SAME issue. Reran the wires from sensor to PCM (solder and heat-shrink wrap) and it ran up and down the street fine. Went to move it the next day... ISSUE IS BACK. So I had to leave for school again and had to leave her with a mechanic, but I am in close contact with the guy and, if ANYONE has ANY advice, please let me know. I'd be super appreciative, I'm so sick of electrical issues. I have been through 3 PCMs and sensors everywhere. It's a 2000 T/A by the way, tuned by ICON in Houston. 4L60E with bolt-ons. No wires touching anything hot.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Could be the crank reluctor wheel is damaged or a tuning issue. Did it run fine before the ICON tune? Sounds more like the tune. There are several different tables that could have been tweaked by the tuner that can now be causing the issue.