Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt on tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt on tune

Hey guys I recently picked up a diablosport predator programmer for cheap . I have an 01 z28 with pretty much full bolt ons . Lid, headers, ory etc .... Still on stock gears but that's part of the reason I got the predator .... The car definitely needed a tune and I am about to gears and wanted to use this for now until I do a few more mods and get hp tuners or a real tune. I am somewhat familiar with tuning, I've used Tunercats software on my old LT1 and a few others but this programmer seems pretty basic and not sure about the logging feature .... I know I've seen some good results with these things before so what kind of advice do you have on a full bolt on LS1 tune and also to keep my ses light off because I keep having to delete the code . Currently I stiffened and quickened the shifts but only slightly and I believe I increased the spark by 2 .... Tried to keep it simple for now so any advice is appreciated
Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Not much to it with the hand helds.

Your best results will come with putting that thing on a dyno.

Strap it down and adjust the fuel until you get a 12.8 a/f and increase the spark until you get knock, then go back 2 deg.

On the '01 you should have plenty of room to increase the spark up top to around 24 to 28 deg.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Thats what I thought .... I didn't want to go too aggressive with out getting an accurate log of what was really going on . I increased it by 2 and feel I could do more but questioning how much more ....
Old 04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

So nobody else has tuned a bolt on car with the predator .... ????
Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Teching In

MY bud has a predator tune and it runs decent... it def isnt as good as a dyno tune
Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I know it wont be as good as a dyno tune .... I just am curious what changes people made on the predator that have bolt ons .....