PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can i use a Diablosport Trinity on my 98 TA LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i use a Diablosport Trinity on my 98 TA LS1?

Car's a 98 TA LS1 with the 98 ECM...stock internals with just boltons for now. My friends father-in-law bought a Diablosport Trinity and wanted to tune my car for me. From what i'm seeing it looks like an awesome unit...but I'm not sure I can tune my car with it as it's not on the list of supported vehicles. Does that mean I just won't have any pre-loaded tunes on the unit or will it not work at all with my LS1?

Also, I'm hearing the 98 ECM is a bother to tune...but from what I'm reading that's primarily only an issue with auto's...mine's a M6...should I look to upgrade my ECM?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most likely will not work, the 98's flash different than the 99+ pcms.

Ryan
Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_TA_EMLC
Car's a 98 TA LS1 with the 98 ECM...stock internals with just boltons for now. My friends father-in-law bought a Diablosport Trinity and wanted to tune my car for me. From what i'm seeing it looks like an awesome unit...but I'm not sure I can tune my car with it as it's not on the list of supported vehicles. Does that mean I just won't have any pre-loaded tunes on the unit or will it not work at all with my LS1?

Also, I'm hearing the 98 ECM is a bother to tune...but from what I'm reading that's primarily only an issue with auto's...mine's a M6...should I look to upgrade my ECM?
Yeah,double whammy here...the Trinity does not currently support the older class 2 GM applications, yet.

2nd problem is, even our older GM class 2 support for Predators does not cover your 98 model PCM.

Sorry about that.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that just sux....

looks like I'll just hold off on getting a tune until I swap pcm's....i was going to relocate the pcm in the dash this winter...so that sounds like a good time to do it....just more money down the drain

Quick Reply: Can i use a Diablosport Trinity on my 98 TA LS1?