Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad gas or something else

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad gas or something else

After I filled up last week, car began to misfire bad at part throttle. I only got 125~miles out of that tank. Filled up again and it got a little better, got 175~miles out of that tank. Filled up again friday morning and haven't ahd a problem yet with about 75 miles so far. It sounds like I got a bad tank and am just getting it run through, but it makes me worry that something else may be wrong right now. I was thinking maybe a bad O2 are or something wrong in the fuel system, but with it getting better i'm not sure anymore.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I filled up again today and almost instantly i had the same issues as before, except this time i couldn't get it to go away. Anyone? It was throwing the random misfire code, but i havent hooked up the scanner yet to see what it is throwing this time.

Hooked the scanner up to the car on my way back to work. STFT would spike at 53-55 and LTFT would hold steady at 25~ on B1. STFT on B2 would read 7-8 if i remember right, but then all 3 would zero and I would get an OL fault.

cruising timing would hold steady at 40-41*, but as soon as i got into the throttle it would retard to 17-21*. i can't remember if that is supposed to happen or not.

one of the o2's was reading 0 when i got the OL fault so i am thinking maybe the one or both of the O2's is bad. thoughts?

Last edited by lookin4aTA; 03-16-2011 at 12:29 AM.