Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what would you do?

When I return from my deployment, I have quite a few new parts going in. New fuel pump and 42# injectors, cam, heads, fast 102/102, 100mm maf and some other minor things.

Of course I will need a tune. So I think I have a couple of options and want to know what people think would be best.

1. Get a Frost Tune and call it a day.
2. Drive it untuned to get a dyno tune and install the injectors when I get there.
3. Get a Frost Tune so I can safely drive it to get a dyno tune.
4. Buy HPTuners and see if Frost will sell me the tune file and get off my *** and learn to tune.

If I get a Frost Tune I will be getting a new PCM so I won't have any down time after the mass install.

While money isn't too much of an issue, I don't wanna be wasting it if its unnecessary. If a Frost Tune will get me where I need to be then I won't waste the ~500$ on a dyno tune and use that money towards a 12 bolt.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I vote get off your *** and tune it yourself. It isn't that hard to learn if you are into the car. And the 00 TA's aren't hard to tune. The Fast stuff may give you a headache, but you should be able to figure it out.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think I should get a frost tune so i know i will have a solid tune before i start learning?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

No, just dive right in.

If the car runs great, you won't learn how to tune it....no reason to.