Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail-order tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail-order tuner question

I contacted a popular tuner here on ls1tech about a mail-order tune for my car, and it came up while asking about shipping options, that I live in Canada.
This person then said that he will not do business with me unless I ship the full amount of the tune in US cash along with my pcm..

Notes:
1. On the company website there is an option to purchase the tune with paypal
2. I have a visa and a paypal account

Thoughts? Not really fond of sending my pcm AND cash through the mail with no assurance that I will even get anything back..
Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

shouldn't have to send CASH via mail.. that's always bad practice...

I would use paypal and send his fee/payment in US Dollars, that's all... that's what I have Canadian customers do... I just make sure they send my required payment amount in US Dollars, not Canadian, so paypal doesn't whack me the conversion fee/cost...

you shouldn't have to send "cash"...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A lot of business have different policies for foreign customers/currency transactions. You are free to business elsewhere if you don't like their policies.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got screwed by two Canadian customers that paid with credit cards. Both got tunes and somehow got charge backs anyway. My proof of shipping was apparently not good enough for the CC companies.

I think you are talking about me since I have told one or two this recently but I'm not sure. Either way, it's moot now; I'm just sticking with the US for mail order work.