Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car just threw a tantrum.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Car just threw a tantrum.

Okay, just drove the car back home today after working out, went 75% throttle when passing somebody and a few miles down the loop it threw an SES code for lean in bank one sensor 1. Pulled in to garage, and the exhaust smelled foul, which of course has my entire house smelling like eggs. The cat housing wasn't glowing or anything, and the car hasn't felt sluggish. I'm at a half tank, wondering if I might have gotten a batch of bad gas or something.

Did a scan and my fuel trims were totally screwed. I'd reset the fuel trims after I put on the new exhaust setup with the repaired headers but haven't had a chance to do any further scans or tuning.

Here's the scan from idling in the garage, I reset the fuel trims halfway through. Yes, the AIT's are freaking huge because it's hotter than ***** here right now.

Link to the scan here (HPTuners): LINK

It's a V6, but somebody might still have some insight since there are a few that are familiar with the setup.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see a link. My guess would be you **** an O2 sensor, but if you're running closed loop, you should be able to see if it is working or not.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Meh, the link buggered off after I did the copy-paste from another similar forum.

I did a full write and it all went away. We'll see how it does after it relearns everything.