Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Editing at the Track Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question LS1 Editing at the Track Questions

I just bought my LS1 Edit. I have never seen anything more confussing . I have searched both here and LS1tuning.com, and a couple of other sites. I would like just a quick/easy answer, without all the flaming that usually I see on the other posts. There has to be a simple answer to these questions.

I am in the processing of added heads/cam, and a bunch of other goodies . I will have the injectors, MAF, fuel pump - basically everything I will need to handle any amount of HP the SS can put down.

I had a very good tuner do my tuning. I am sure it will need some minor tuning when I get it back together and put it on the dyno. The tuner will be available to fine twik the tune. I have A-tap and will be monitoring the runs.

My questions are: (remember, no one will be at the track to help this old fart)

1. If I want to try (on the engine) a little more timing, how exactly do I add timing for the entire 1/4? I'll be launching at 6000+ rpm, and I doubt I'll be going under 5000 for the entire run.

2. If I want to lean it out just a little, how exactly do I lean (or richen) it?

3. My LTFT need fine tuning at the track, same question, how?

Sorry about all the questions, but I really need some help. Previously, I had a stock engine and was able to "tune" it using just the MAFT. Now this is an entirely different ball-game.

My mods are just to long to list here, but can be found at my web site link in my signature.

Thanks

David
Old 03-01-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

You mean none of the tuners on this site can answer any of these questions?

Really need some help

Thanks. David
Old 03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. To add timing, you will need to modify the High Octane Spark Advance table

2. To lean out WOT, you will need to play with the 'RPM' button in the Power enrichment section under the FUEL tab.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
You mean none of the tuners on this site can answer any of these questions?

Really need some help

Thanks. David
1) To add timing you are going to want to use the High Octane Ignition Advance Table located under the engine - ignition tab. Wide open throttle (hopefully all that you are using at the track ) is located in the lower right hand corner of this table. To add or decrease timing simply select all cells for 0.60 g/cyl and 3200 rpm and greater. You will be highlighting the lower right portion of the table. Select the 'Selected Cells Only' box. Put your desired timing change (positive to increase, negative to decrease) in the text box in the lower right. Click on the "Add" button. Select "Apply Changes" to make your changes permenant. Save your file and upload it into your car.

2) To lean out your car you are going to use the PE vs RPM table located under the engine - fuel tab. To lean out your car simply type the desired percentage shift in the lower right text box and pressy "Mult %". Press the "Apply" button to make your changes permenat. Save your file and upload it into your car.
To add fuel (enrichen your car) you will want to multiply the PE table by values greater than 100 (ie 101 to 110). To reduce fueling (lean your car) you will want to multiply the PE table by values less than 100. (ie 90 to 99). Any changes to this table should be between 90 and 110. Never multiply this table by a value less than 90 or greater than 110.

3) LTerms are for emmissions, not performance (despite the general concensus). If they are less than 15% ignore these at the track.

Good Luck,
Kevin
Old 03-01-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Outstanding. Just what I was looking for. Finally starting to understanding this program more each day

Thanks

David