Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running rich

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Running rich

If I am putting down 380ish rwhp with a pig rich 11:1 air/fuel then what should I put down after LS1 Edit with a smoother 13:1 air/fuel ratio?

I am running very rich after my cam and header install. I have driven it approx. 2200 miles since the install. It reaked of fuel after the install but is horrible since it has gotten warm outside? Does the temp. effect air/fuel? Would it be a good idea for me to stop driving my car until I get it tuned? I have heard that running too rich causes the fuel to wash the oil off your cylinder walls. What kind of damage would this cause? The cars seems fine but have I already done damage in the last 2200 miles that may show up later- like the first time I rev the car to 6700 rpm? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

running rich too long will kill your rings
which will cause it to suck alot of oil up into the comb. chamber, and start fouling your plugs more often than you'de like to change em
I ran as rich (10.8 a/f @ WOT) for about 7k miles before I got tired of changing plugs every weekend, cause I was too stupid and unimformed to get it tuned

so in other words, get it tuned!