Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to edit just got today any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to edit just got today any suggestions

i have a 1998 trans am with a4 with free mods and long tubes and oryp and cat back and o2 sims and was wanting to take off , my egr, air and if possible take out the o2 sims if thats possible and was wondering how and also was wondering where to look or togo to find the size of injector i know there like 28lb and have a like new set of fms 36lb injectors was wondering if they would be to big to use or just sell them and get smaller ones or wait to put them in latter i do spray the car and fixing to put a new built 4l60e and i got a vert although i didnt go big right now since i havent got cam and heads yet and will get a bigger one later when i get that and gear and since i have a high gear im sure its going to cuase it to stall higher than its going to with 373 which are next so the stall is a 2400 for now. also i have my maf ported i have got it honed out about the size of a 85 mm or so and smooth since i did use an engine hone to do the final finish i was wondering if i would get anything i need to do to tune it better, so basicly just need a few pointers on where to go and what to start on and sorry this is getting so long thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
11 Second Club

first, try putting some periods in there so we can read it. ouch!

you can disable the egr but you have to kill the codes too, same with the air. the rear o2's you just need to kill the codes and when i say kill them, turn them off. for your bigger injectors, you really need a scan tool to adjust them properly via your ltrms. you could also stiffen up your shifts by scaling your mid to upper pressure tables a bit(positive pressure), the lower the number, the higher the pressure.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

well sorry for the lack of periods. i was in a hurry. and thanks for the help i guess since i dont know where to go to do that stuff i guess ill just figure it out on my own.thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

the codes can be deleted/shut down in the engine diagnostic then hardware diagnostic tab. go to the pull down menu and find all the tests that you want to shut off. for the transmission, go to the trans calibration then shift firmness, then positive pressure vs temp. scale the entire table from about 20 degrees up and about 24 or 30% tps by something like 80%. highlight the areas, click the use selected cells only button, then multiply by the 80%. this will reduce all the selected numbers by 20% and increase your line pressure accordingly. you could also reduce your desired shift time a bit but i wouldn't go all the way to zero.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

maf ported and a stall MAY cause trams problems as it may cause inproper line pressure in trams , go to ls1tuning.com look at " how to tune car with cam," think info very usefull