Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lean at idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lean at idle

I have a 01 camaro with a 403 CID engine and at idle it is lean it wil max out my wide band lean and the engine will only idle at 500 rpm even thought it asking for 850 rpm I have efi live but not sure were to look to repair the problem also it stumbles right off of idle not sure about that either any help would be great
Old 11-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like it's in open loop (and the tune is out of whack). If you have EFIlive, read the tune out and post it. Post a data log too if you can.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Teching In

What part of the tune woul you need also how can I find out what terms like throttle cracker and things like that
Old 11-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ctmcamaro396
What part of the tune woul you need also how can I find out what terms like throttle cracker and things like that
Read out the tune, and attach it here. You can't break up the file. If you don't want to post it for whatever reason, you can email it to me. My email address is in my sig.

As for fiding out what all the terms mean, I would suggest reading the forum as much as you can. Use the search function and just search the terms, and see what comes up. There's too many of them to just start posting definitions of them all.

Throttle cracker is an IAC table that is enabled when the TPS is off zero, and it's purpose is to open the IAC valve, and then slowly close it based on time, and gently return the engine to idle.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Teching In

Were would thar info be I just got this efi live setup and am not that familiar with it I don't mean to be a pain just not sure what tables you need
Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ctmcamaro396
Were would thar info be I just got this efi live setup and am not that familiar with it I don't mean to be a pain just not sure what tables you need
I need the whole tune, not a specific table. Other than a screen shot, you cannot upload tables one at a time. The tune file is a file with .tun extension. Upload it here, or email it to me.