PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Primary fuel correction = MAF tables or VE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primary fuel correction = MAF tables or VE?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, When making changes to non PE fueling should I scale the MAF table or VE?
I did read the sticky but still unsure - it seems maf table is what I am thinking,
for closed loop and VE for startup. I do understand that the car always references VE but where should closed loop fueling be fixed? or both?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Scale the IFR Table for primary fuel adjustments. Don't touch the MAF table.. If you want to increase fueling by 5% then scale IFR (whole table) by 95% - PCM then adds 5% more fuel thinking Injectors are 5% smaller. Good Luck.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bink
Scale the IFR Table for primary fuel adjustments. Don't touch the MAF table.. If you want to increase fueling by 5% then scale IFR (whole table) by 95% - PCM then adds 5% more fuel thinking Injectors are 5% smaller. Good Luck.
Thanks for reply Bink, But did not answer question.
I don't agree with the INJ. constants change being that it make a global change including PE, on top of doing that you are only lying to the ECM throwing off everything AE, Decay factors, ect, ect.

I agree its ok to do if you need to make a small global change, but more than likely the new 230/224 @ 112 I will be tuning for friend will be pretty rich 2000 and below.
So do i want to look to scale MAF tables or VE? Which one is primarily referenced?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for reply Bink, But did not answer question.
I don't agree with the INJ. constants change being that it make a global change including PE, on top of doing that you are only lying to the ECM throwing off everything AE, Decay factors, ect, ect.
This has been rehashed many times. IFR is like rejetting.

I agree its ok to do if you need to make a small global change, but more than likely the new 230/224 @ 112 I will be tuning for friend will be pretty rich 2000 and below.
So do i want to look to scale MAF tables or VE? Which one is primarily referenced?

There is a lot of info around on this also, see sticky above, you can lean out idle with VE table scaling. Again there is much info on this.
joel
Old 03-19-2004, 12:16 PM
KVU
Staging Lane

Not sure bout the sticky...I didn't read it..

I do know for a fact that the PCM uses maf for main fueling and MAP for spark. So just change the maf tables. Do it a little in idle and log the results. Once you see results you'll know how much adjustment is needed. Don't waste your time with the ve tables. They are mostly for when the maf takes a dump
Old 03-19-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KVU
Not sure bout the sticky...I didn't read it..

I do know for a fact that the PCM uses maf for main fueling and MAP for spark. So just change the maf tables. Do it a little in idle and log the results. Once you see results you'll know how much adjustment is needed. Don't waste your time with the ve tables. They are mostly for when the maf takes a dump

Do yourself a favor and read the sticky. As for spark -> grams/cyl = MAF. FWIW.