PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why doesn't TQ management just die?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why doesn't TQ management just die?

I was talking to a friend tonight, while we were tuning my car, and he told me that I have to go back later and knock it outa there again b/c it comes back.

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT ****???????????

Josh S.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Friend may be correct ,but I have never heard this ,I change mine 2 years ago and it has not found it's way back as on now . ps : I am sure there are a lot of things I have never heard of, these cars are like women they seem to have a mind each differant from the other and change it quite offten.
LADIES flame away.
Johnny
Old 03-20-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its designed to save your transmission and rear end I'd leave it on there, and get a shift kit.

Mine shifts hard as F%ck with a shift kit and TQ still installed.

Tom
Old 03-20-2004, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I don't know what your friend is talking about. The PCM can not reflash itself. Once you remove it, it's gone.

I pulled mine back by 50%. What a difference......
Old 03-20-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

describe 50% back? did you just set the timing retard max retard to 20 degrees or something?
Old 03-20-2004, 05:35 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by samz28
describe 50% back? did you just set the timing retard max retard to 20 degrees or something?
I guess I shouldn't really call it "50%". More like, "partial removal"

First time around, I pulled it all the way out as best I could with my Edit version and it felt great. Problem was, all I did was create a bigger traction issue for myself than I already had going through the shifts. I figured, why bother beating the trans harder if I'm not getting anything but wheel spin from it?

I have v1.05 of Edit, so I only had 2 tables that directly effected TM (and nothing else) in the first place.

So I went back to the Torque Reduction Table in the transmission tab (which originally was set to 99 across the board stock) and moved it from 0 to 50. So what I ended up with, was half the reduction that was there stock on that table.

I was never one of those guys that had real bad TM to begin with. I would see 0* timing right at the upshift, but never negative numbers and it never hung on past the shift itself. I have not logged timing yet since this last change, but it feels pretty good as is now.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Tom... I already have probably the best transmission on the market so a shiftkit isnt an option.

I think I might be having an issue with high line pressures though. My car still seems to BOG when it shifts into second. It doesn't do it in 3rd anymore though. I dun get it.

Owell...... maybe I'll just through some 4.10 gears and some 28's to try to make up for it.

Josh S.