Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

map code and throttle fault - advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default map code and throttle fault - advice

ive installed a ls2 block, ls3 heads and cam into a project car. i used a gm ls3 run kit, with a fbw throttle body

this was almost plug and play, but the inlet manifold used the earlier ls2 (without bolt) map sensor, so i cut off the loom plug, wired in one to suit the map on the inlet, fired her up, and were good to go.

the car starts, runs fine, throttle works fine etc.

occasionally, when i first start, i get a map fault. ive tried swapping the outer 2 wires over, (read somewhere that is sometimes required). but the engine wont fire. flicking the kill switch seems to clear this code. so far, it has not lit when driving, just on startup.

ive swapped in another map sensor, same issue

twice now, whilst the map code has been lit, the throttle has refused to operate, i just tick over, not even part throttle. this was cleared by flicking the battery kill switch, after which both the map and throttle were fine.

i dont have ls edit, but plugged a generic code reader in, which said map high circuit fault.

could this be that the ls3 run kit ECU. is expecting a slightly different reading from a different map sensor (i cant fit this as the mount is different).

is the throttle issue likely to be a limp mode? there was no fault relating to the throttle.

the ECU has a black, grey, blu plug going into it.

help appreciated

Quick Reply: map code and throttle fault - advice