Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition issue. (please helppp)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition issue. (please helppp)

Alright i have a 96 t/a and this is the 4th time changing the opti spark so instead of the cheap route, i bought a msd opti. Installed it and no start so initially thought i had a junk opti but im still getting injector pulse. So i put it back on and checked for spark and none. So i moved up to the coil to check for spark and... NONE. So i drove up to autozone(ehhh) and bought a new icm, Put it on and Still NO spark. So moved onto the coil and got a msd blaster coil and still NOTHING. Now i'm pretty stumped because i cannot figure out the issue. I've been over grounds multiple times with a wire brush. The only thing i can think of is the icm from autozone is junk? Any help will be awesome thanks guys
Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Anyone...?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Teching In

bump. Come on someone can help me..
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

You changed the opti. Did it run with the old one? If it still ran. You can try swapping the old one back in just to see if it will fire. Is your tac showing any rpm signal while cranking? You can also try and put a scan tool on it, and cranking it to check for a rpm signal. Strange that you have injector pulse... yes. It sucks to change but it does stand to reason.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Its not the opti there is no spark at the coil.. And yes it ran with old one. And i did swap it and nothing. Not reading any rpm. I need to know what else could be causing no spark at the opti

Quick Reply: Ignition issue. (please helppp)