Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fried ECM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fried ECM?

Im working on a 98 trans am that is turning out to be an absolute basket case, the car had LT's and full exhaust put on about a year ago by the previous owner. Car came to me running horribly, so I hooked up my HPT to take a look, at first the b1 was stuck at 890mv and switched VERY slow, b2 was stuck at 450mv. So I knew that was likely the source of the car running so rich and horribly. I got under the car and found out that the previous owner had cut the female connector that connects the 02 on bank 1, and crimped a wire extension in, wiring was corroded and an absolute mess, not having access to a factory female connector at the time, I cut the old wiring out and re soldered/heat shrunk and then taped the new wiring and checked my HPT scanner, both banks are at 450mv now. I then tested the wiring for continuity(figured the signal may have a break) from the 02 to the ECM connector and found no open wires, I used my power probe to check for a solid ground on both banks and found a good ground on both, tried jumping to a known good ground source with no change on the scanner thinking it may be a poor ground issue. I also checked all 3 fuse locations for blown fuses with no luck. Car is throwing a p0134, Anyone have any idea's? Im thinking that the PCM may have a 02-driver internally damaged.

Quick Reply: Fried ECM?