PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mile high spark timing? datamaster log...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mile high spark timing? datamaster log...

I've searched around and can't find what I'm looking for so I guess I'll ask you guys and see if I can get some help.

First off.. I'm in Colorado ~6,000ft. and when tuning my car I only get around 80kpa at WOT, which makes me get 41deg. of timing at WOT.... I've read thats too high and you want somewhere around 36* at WOT.

If I lower my timing to 36* from lets say 75kpa-85kpa I find it very dificult to "smooth out" the timing table as there is less room to work with as opposed to doing it towards the 95-100kpa side and dont want to mess with my cruising timing. I hope I'm explaining this right lol I'm starting to confuse myself again .

Another thing I noticed is that as I do the WOT run, my MAF fluctuates a bit up and down while climbing RPMs....and my MAP reaches full baro (80kpa) then starts dropping while RPMs rise....What gives??

I am running open loop tune and my AFRs are pretty close to where I want them at idle and cruising but still around 12.5ish at WOT but I'm working on that now.

I'll post my datamaster log and my tuner cat tune maybe you guys will see something I don't as I'm a complete NOOB at this haha

"NEW" is the tune and the other one is the log...
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
NEW.hpt (128.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: hpt
wot run, knock.hpt (915.6 KB, 30 views)

Quick Reply: Mile high spark timing? datamaster log...