Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help tuning Gran Am Cam A4

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help tuning Gran Am Cam A4

I started this several months ago and got side tracked. This is not my car. I told this guy I would try to help, but think this is to much for me.
I have edit and have tuned my 97 C5 422 that runs high 9s and have helped on a few friends cars.
I need a base tune to get started. This is a 2001 C5 with the Gran Am Cam and GM Heads with 39lb injectors. It has a Torque Converter from a Astro Van and seems to tight for this set up that needs to idle on the high side.
It will run poor to fair on the road but idle in gear is real bad. Also cold start up is real bad. I have it in open loop operation.
I can't get any O2 reading at lower rpm with this Cam. Will a Wde Band read better or is useless at lower rpm?
When I got this car it wouldn't even start. Thanks for any help. I need to get this Monkey off my back and get back to racing my car.
Tom Hall
Old 05-19-2004, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

Here are a few suggestions. others will chime in
http://www.ls1tuning.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=9

Read that for fixing the idle or at least getting started.

Two.

Log all the parameters while driving the car around on the streets and varying load. Export this log to a csv file. Import the file into an access database. run a query to delete all the decel cells (FTC 21) export the data back to a csv file with a new name. Use ChrisB's (http://automation.slowcar.net/)program to calculate the new VE values and enter them into the main VE table. If your ltrims are still positve after this scale the IFR table by and average of what your ltrims are positve by. Idle should be set to 1000+ with this cam even higher if the ac is being used.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Leave open loop for initial tune.

Quick Reply: I need help tuning Gran Am Cam A4