Sponsored by:

Newb EFI Live tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newb EFI Live tuning question

Hey guys,

I have a 99 Firebird Formula with the following mods. I am also tuning with a V2. I do have some experience tuning with XFI and a Haltech. So while Im not completely new to tuning, Im no professional either.

LQ4 Block
LS2 vette rods/pistons
Mild cam (less than 217* I think)
Ported 317's.
Fast 78mm intake
42lb injectors

As Im messing around with the settings, making little changes here and there such as Inj Flow Rate, g/cylinder and such, I keep coming up with the same problem Ive had since I got this car running. It idles at 1500-2000 in park. In gear it comes down to 1100. I force timing to 6* in my dashboard and the car idles along happily at 900.

Before I start randomly removing timing from the tables, I was wondering about what adjustments I should make. In the "Base Spark in Park/Neutral" table, its reading 18* from 800 and down to 22-35* range from there till 2400 RPM. Should I bring those numbers down and smooth it back out and see how it goes?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are better ways to reduce idle speed. Without seeing the tune it would just be guessing.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill post it up in a few, my laptop decided to be a ******* a few minutes ago.

Keep in mind before you guys bash how bad the tune is, I only just started messing with it. Mainly correcting settings and trying to get it to idle. Everything else has been untouched.

Edit; Either my battery or my laptop just died.

Quick Reply: Newb EFI Live tuning question