Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

False KR ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default False KR ?

ok guys long story short, i did a 5.3/4l60e swap into a 87 gmc put a small cam 219/224 got it ve and maf tuned but i keep getting kr even with the timing stupid low. i suspect false knock but i double checked all my clearances are good, didnt mess with the knock sensors when i did the swap. ive pulled so much timing that its absolutely sluggish now getting frustraited please help me! i know i should be somewhere 20-22 but i was trying to reduce timing from the kr histogram table and it keeps making me pull more and more untill im in the negative and i know thats not right! lol timing2.hpt i didnt save my last log i can take another if needed.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i did some more research and read about burst knock giving a false knock. so i zero'd burst knock out, loaded my earlier timing curve in, and no knock retard, so does that mean somewhere im hitting i cant see? and ive read that burst knock is the pcms knock prediction, is this true, and if so can i leave this disabled???
Old 10-20-2014, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Burst knock is basically the pcm's way to pull some timing for large amounts of air changes. On cam'd vehicles you'll normally want to adjust it or get rid of it runs fine without. Not every setup will run better with burst knock zeroed out.

Quick Reply: False KR ?