Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best computer tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best computer tuners?

Hello all, finally made it to the performance part of the forums. Got a couple of questions. First off, what are your thoughts about the "hypertech power programmer"? Mine came with the car, haven't played with it at all yet. What are the features? Should i chuck it? Sell it? Owner said with it programmed all the way up and with 4:11 gears the car ran an 11.80 at like 117-118 mph. Im curious because Im going to be at streetcar takeover in atlanta in august and hopefully going to dyno the car and see what its putting down. All it has done is a k&n cold air intake (car has ram air hood) and exhaust. And if i posted in the wrong place please don't scorn me, this was the only place i could find the word "tuning"
Old 05-28-2015, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck it and get a real tune.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Its good for what the previus owner did with it, changing rear end ratio. Take the car to the strip, make a couple of base line passes and then remove the tune except for the gear change. You'll notice no differance in your ET's. Take your car to get a dyno tune and before they tune it remove all the tune and put the car back to stock. That way you can sell the tuner unlocked. The person doing the dyno tune can change the rear end ratio for you.

Quick Reply: Best computer tuners?