Sponsored by:

Wont turn over 98 Z28 LS1 A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont turn over 98 Z28 LS1 A4

Wont turn over 98 Z28 LS1 A4
Wont turn over with the key. Does turn over with a remote jumper button. The security light on the dash does not light up or flash at all. I scanned it and it did send a P1626 Vats code. I checked the key for ohms and was going to do a vats bypass and started disassembling the column to do the vats bypass. I decided to then check the wires at the plug under the dash on the column and got the exact same reading. So I would presume that the ignition key and wires from the key are not damaged. I lightly pulled and wiggled on those wires in the column and ran the tilt up and down several time times to see if it may have intermittent contact and the reading never changed. So I am currently confident that they have solid contact and not damaged. The engine will fire and run for a few seconds when I use the remote jumper button at the starter but wont stay running. I do hear the fuel pump prime when I turn on the key. Only I'm unsure at this time if it is holding pressure to keep it running, I don't think it is. I have checked for bad or broken grounds. I installed a new battery and the MAF was replaced new prior to me receiving the car and does not have more than 10 miles on it. The car ran when the MAF was replaced only it shut off and would crank over only would not restart after that. It will stay running if I spray it with starter fluid. So I presume its not a spark problem. Any and all help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
I-Race-NE1

Quick Reply: Wont turn over 98 Z28 LS1 A4