PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners Tuning Remotely or send tuning file via email etc?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuners Tuning Remotely or send tuning file via email etc?

I was curious if there are any known tuners remotely tuning peoples cars... I don't know if this has been done or not yet. I am a computer guy by trade and figured I would test the waters to see if this has been done/is being done.

I imagine there are tuners using hptuners and sending the file to customer with hptuners... This is pretty normal? I used to due that with my lt1 using tunercats with madz28 like 10 years ago.... I know there is licensing involved now etc, but just curious who is doing this.

Secondly, I use remote software to control computers all the time and was curious if someone is using gotoassist, logmein, etc to remotely connect to a users laptop that already owns HP Tuners and tune that persons car....

I could see this service really viable if I happen to be on a dyno as an example, own the tuning software, but want a well known tuner to fine tune my car in live time while on the dyno.

Where I live, I really don't want to ship my ECU if I don't have to.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

We do exactly what you're asking about. We tune cars through email with HPT and EFI Live all over the world along with mail order and dyno tunes. Most of the time everything can be done through email but we do some dyno tunes by remotely logging onto the shops laptop and do everything on it vs through email since it's faster.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does that cost?
Also I have hpt and would like a street tune what all is needed for someone to remote in to tune?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You just need HPT (which you have) and a wideband hooked up to your HPT to do the wide open throttle tuning. You dont have to have the wideband to get started but you will need one for the WOT at the end. Right now it run $400 with unlimited updates as long as you own the vehicle.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

I wanted to update and let you guys know that I decided to try lsx tuning. I went on their website, filled out a form about my car and paid the $400. I then received and email with a confirmation. I then replied to this email with my stock tune file that I grabbed using hptuners along with my form.

I was quoted 2-3 day turn around. So far they have been very responsive prior to me making payment. I will update and let others know my experience.
The following users liked this post:
ZERO (01-17-2023)
Old 08-15-2016, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Ok, I wanted to update this thread. I went hunting and came back to a tune waiting in my email inbox. So far my experience with LSXPowerTuning has been good. I am on my 2nd tune and the car seems to be driveable now. To be fair, when I logged the first time around I was exhausted from hunting and forgot to load the config file he wanted so it may take him another tune or so to get it straightened away.

Overall the car will now get me from point A to B.

The new shift points and shifting is VERY responsive. That has so far been the most noticeable difference. I am not yet able to go WOT as we are trying to work out drive ability, so far nothing but a positive experience. LSXPowerTuning is also very responsive about any questions or concerns you may have and they get back to you reasonably quick.

The car does idle pretty rough and that's my only complaint so far, but I am sure we will get it sorted out.

I am running an EPS 222/226 115+3 Cam for people wondering.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You may have other mechanical/electrical issues. That cam should be no trouble to make idle. It will lope a little but shouldn't be rough. Guessing this is in a 99 TA? Is it a auto or manual. If auto does it have a converter?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

It's an auto with stock converter. I will be getting a Yank 3600SS when funds allow.

The car idles fine as in it runs fine... It just seems a little too choppy/rough than what it should be. I am working with the tuner and he is doing a fantastic job! He needed me to log different parameters. I like how he gives you the config file he wants you to log and you just load the new tune, load the config file and datalog. Send the new datalog back and let him work his magic. It would have easily taken me 12 different writes/logs to get close to where he did in 3 tries. In my book that's money well spent. The cold idle is really bad, ecu is commanding 12.1 for AFR, but once the car warms up and gets into normal loop mode it commands 14.x and runs much better. Car has no issues, just put in new plugs/wires, cam, springs, pushrods etc. Car runs great everywhere but idle.

I could be expecting better idling characteristics too...? I was told that the car should idle pretty much like stock. It isn't anywhere near that. Best way I could relate it is the car feels like it has a 112 LSA cut cam, not a 115. The cam characteristics/idling expectations were given to me by EPS, not the tuner. So no fault to him.

Again, very happy and looking forward to getting the car dialed in!!
Old 08-15-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stock 99 cam is 198/209 with a 119.5 LSA. That cam will not idle anywhere like stock and you should not expect it to. And that cam with a stock converter will struggle to idle in gear with the idle speed it needs.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

There are plenty of guys with this cam that idle just fine at 850-900rpm. The car is idling fine, it just very rich when cold, and tends to shake the car. I know with a big cam in the 230 range this is normal, just thought this cam would be a little tamer with the idling characteristics is all. Like I said, my expectations could just be wrong.

LSX power tuning has been great, car is running night and day different since the tuning and continues to get better.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remote tuning

Originally Posted by alaska_guy
There are plenty of guys with this cam that idle just fine at 850-900rpm. The car is idling fine, it just very rich when cold, and tends to shake the car. I know with a big cam in the 230 range this is normal, just thought this cam would be a little tamer with the idling characteristics is all. Like I said, my expectations could just be wrong.

LSX power tuning has been great, car is running night and day different since the tuning and continues to get better.

how's your car running? I'm considering ordering the remote tuning from them.

Quick Reply: Tuners Tuning Remotely or send tuning file via email etc?