Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e38, 5.3/t56, PSI Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default e38, 5.3/t56, PSI Harness

Having a few issues with a buddies 1979 f100 swap. It is a gen 4 5.3 out of a 2007 Silverado.
-5.3 VVT delete
-cam swap (EPP blower cam)
-P1SC
-T56
-e38
-DBW
-Psi swap harness
-Speed density w/3bar
-Main rev limiter set @ 6550RPMS
-P/N limiter is OFF
-All trans associated codes have been shut off

After some hiccups with install its ready for tuning - PSI has a wire labeled as "TCC" that is supposed to see 12v with the brakes applied. This was how it was wired, we were seeing a fuel cut @ 4k rpms. I noticed if I held the brake pedal to apply 12v to the TCC wire, the truck would rev fine, if I didn't apply the brake the 4k fuel cut was present. Just to see what happens, I wired it to 12v key on. If I do the CASE learn, the truck runs fine. If I shut off the key off after the procedure it will automatically cut fuel at 4k rpms on the first initial start up. If I shut it off, on the 2nd start up it will rev to 6550 rpms without issue and will do so every time unless I let it sit for 5-10mins.

Has anyone had the same issues? I was under the impression the reverse lockout was controlled via the "TCC" wire on a manual swap.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Sounds like you need to contact PSI and find out what the TCC wire is actually supposed to do...

Andrew
Old 01-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Post tune file
Old 01-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Sounds like you need to contact PSI and find out what the TCC wire is actually supposed to do...

Andrew
Hell of an idea....

According to one tech it was for reverse lockout activation ONLY, according to the other it controls the locket solenoid and something with the DBW. The last time we spoke the techs only advice was that if I had any suspensions of a harness issue to let him know and he'd give me the pinout...

PSI swears it is a tune related issue, which it very well could be. Just irritating that was their first conclusion before even hearing the full issue.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaydubb
Post tune file
attached
Attached Files
File Type: ctz
STOCKVE_OLSD2.ctz (1.69 MB, 66 views)
Old 01-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Is that a EFI Live file? I have HP Tuners...
Old 01-20-2017, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your file VIN is setup for an automatic. I'm unfamiliar with EFI and only use HPT but I downloaded EFI to take a quick look. It needs to bet setup for a manual and that will solve your issue. Your other option to fix the issue is increase the RPM cutoff of the park and neutral fields in the tune. However, it appears this may have already been increased so I'm unsure of how to read some of the data in EFI. I would do a complete reflash and set the tune for a manual calibration to fix the issue.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Give us a call, we can tell you how to hook up your TCC wires. Thanks. 732-444-3277

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-20-2017, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yea the TCC wire is for torque converter lockup. it basicly unlocks the converter when your on the brakes to keep from choking the engine down. Usually that wire calls for a 4 prong brake switch to be wired parallel to the original brake light wires in an older ls swap platform. Since your using a manual t56 it is not needed. Only for automatic use.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Give us a call, we can tell you how to hook up your TCC wires. Thanks. 732-444-3277
Already spoke with a tech a couple of times. It's not a matter of how they are hooked up. If switching to the manual OS doesn't work, the harness will be sent back.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jcvett56
Your file VIN is setup for an automatic. I'm unfamiliar with EFI and only use HPT but I downloaded EFI to take a quick look. It needs to bet setup for a manual and that will solve your issue. Your other option to fix the issue is increase the RPM cutoff of the park and neutral fields in the tune. However, it appears this may have already been increased so I'm unsure of how to read some of the data in EFI. I would do a complete reflash and set the tune for a manual calibration to fix the issue.
That's what we're going to attempt next. Appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: e38, 5.3/t56, PSI Harness