PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi ABZ with GM management

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi ABZ with GM management

I'm in the planning and collecting stages of building a car with a twin turbo Audi 4.2 in a mid engine configuration. I was going to use a 5.3 but the Audi engine is much shorter and bolts to the transaxle without thick and expensive adapters. The downside is that the Audi ecu isn't nearly as good as GMs. What I want to do is just use all GM sensors, engine harness, ecu, throttle body, et cetera and adapt it to the Audi. The Audi has a 58x wheel but I'm sure it's not positioned right. Can the ecu be edited to match or will I have to mount a new wheel and sensor off the front pulley? I will have to make a cam wheel and sensor Mount. Can firing order be corrected just in the wiring? Also, I'd like DBW and cruise plus flex fuel. Is there any reason this couldn't be made to work? Anything major I'm missing?
Old 01-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Wow that sounds pretty wild. I have many questions, but none that will help with your quest.

If you get to the point where you are going to fire it up, my recommendation would be to run the engine and possibly get the idle tuning down while the engine is outside of the car. I would imagine it would help with wiring and sensor positioning.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like megasquirt may be a better fit for this application. In megasquirt you can adjust the program to better fit your sensors and displacement.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 PM

Yes, I was looking at ms3 and also at vems, which is seems popular with the Audi guys, and I may end up going that route, but I really want something with the reliability of the GM ls stuff. Plus the aftermarket stuff gets expensive fast. I've seen 1uz and northstars run with ls computers. I might end up going with vems or megasquirt but I want to see if gm/delphi would be viable.

Quick Reply: Audi ABZ with GM management