PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 and a grany low muncie. compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Head on over to the EFILive website,pages and pages on disabling VATS in E38 PCM's,they can be a bit fussy about it.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IT LIVES. Finally got a tuner to look at my ecm only to find out that the vats was not turned off like painless promised. Thanks for all your help. Now I'm going to write a very disapproving letter to painless.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap Chevy colorado 5.3

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
You have a NNBS 6.0L Gen 4 with a E38 ECM. Although it is a 6.0L it is not really a LQ4. Those were last used in the 07 Classic trucks. And that truck would have has a separate T42 TCM. At this point without seeing the calibration in the PCM it's unclear if the VATS was really disabled. As well as the starter checks. And even if whoever did the initial tune disabled the VATS, if they did only a Write Calibration and not a Write Entire it would not be disabled. In those ECMs the VATS is part of the OS and a Write Entire has to be performed for it to be disabled. I think your problem is VATS.
Thanks my friend, I had the same problem and I benefited from the information you provided about hptuner. I am working on a project to swap engine chevy Colorado to 5.3 E67 trailblazer ECM after tuning engine is running thank you so much

Quick Reply: Lq4 and a grany low muncie. compatible?