Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoking and smells like gas

So yesterday I funished building up my 2000 Z28 and the builds are:
1-Msd airforce 103mm intake
2-holly sniper efi throttle body
3-cam shaft 112 Lupe 643/609
4-243 c5 Z06 heads
5-SLP oil pump with timing chanes and brackets

yesterday i drove the car to the tuner like 50 miles and came back but I didn't tune it and he gave me an appointment for Monday. So I drove back home and parked it. And today i wanted to start the car but the car isn't starting it dies like immediately and i lot of smoke is coming out and smelled like gas. So i want to know is that normal or not because the day before it was running but today it's not so please let me know my issue. And those are the videos but the this is when it was running my leg was on the pedal so i can keep it run and as soon as I remove my leg it dies.

Thank you

Last edited by Leo.Z28R; 03-04-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"So i want to know is that normal or not because the day before it was running but today it's not so please let me know my issue. "

A 50 mile drive w/o having at least a "basic tune", likely fouled the plugs, screwed the O2 sensors, etc.
Did the mods include larger injs?
Continued use can put fuel in the oil, cause the rods to "fall out of the pan."
Old 03-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
"So i want to know is that normal or not because the day before it was running but today it's not so please let me know my issue. "

A 50 mile drive w/o having at least a "basic tune", likely fouled the plugs, screwed the O2 sensors, etc.
Did the mods include larger injs?
Continued use can put fuel in the oil, cause the rods to "fall out of the pan."

i was goong to instal a bigger injector but i used the OEM ones so it will be less richer.
Sorry but I didn't understand your part when you quoted "Continued use can put fuel in the oil, cause the rods to "fall out of the pan."
Old 03-05-2017, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo.Z28R
i was goong to instal a bigger injector but i used the OEM ones so it will be less richer.
Sorry but I didn't understand your part when you quoted "Continued use can put fuel in the oil, cause the rods to "fall out of the pan."
Pretty obvious- Running very rich will wash the cylinder walls, dilute the oil, dropping pressure AND lubricity of the oil, causing the motor to blow. Anything else?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Smile

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Pretty obvious- Running very rich will wash the cylinder walls, dilute the oil, dropping pressure AND lubricity of the oil, causing the motor to blow. Anything else?
i just looked at the spark pugs and is seems that they were covered with carbon so i cleaned them out and install them back so tomorrow i will drive it to the dyno place to tune it, and the tuned is like 2 miles away from where i live. and i even called one of my friends and he told me that if the car was rich and it was cutting off you need to pull out the spark plugs and they will be covered with carbon so the spark wont spark as normal. so i cleaned them out and hopefully by tomorrow it will take me to the tuner
Old 03-05-2017, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo.Z28R
i just looked at the spark pugs and is seems that they were covered with carbon so i cleaned them out and install them back so tomorrow i will drive it to the dyno place to tune it, and the tuned is like 2 miles away from where i live. and i even called one of my friends and he told me that if the car was rich and it was cutting off you need to pull out the spark plugs and they will be covered with carbon so the spark wont spark as normal. so i cleaned them out and hopefully by tomorrow it will take me to the tuner
You might want to change the oil first.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by G Atsma
You might want to change the oil first.
I will thanks man

Quick Reply: Smoking and smells like gas