PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Should I expect tuning issues t56 swapping a car with an auto harness and tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017 | 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Default Should I expect tuning issues t56 swapping a car with an auto harness and tune

2000 SS (originally a t56 car)

I have an auto w auto harness in my car. I am taking the auto out and putting the manual inside the car.

I will extend the speed sensor harness.

BUT the car has been tuned by RPM in garner NC. What kind of issues will I run into w the car without having anything but the speed sensor hooked up and the car PCM tuned for auto?
Old 02-25-2017 | 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Lots of idle table differences between a A4 and M6. Tq Management. It really depends on how the tuner originally did the M6 to A4 swap tune. Without seeing that who knows. It's so easy to flash it with a M6 calibration there is no reason not to do it correctly.
Old 02-25-2017 | 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Lots of idle table differences between a A4 and M6. Tq Management. It really depends on how the tuner originally did the M6 to A4 swap tune. Without seeing that who knows. It's so easy to flash it with a M6 calibration there is no reason not to do it correctly.
So let me clear it up a little.

The PCM is an automatic car. The car accepted a full swap from an auto car. BUT the CAR is a manual car.

I will have the car brought back to the tuner. I really just want to know if I will have an issue driving the car, or if I will not be able to even drive the car at all after I put the manual transmission in the car, so I can bring it to the tuner when I get an appointment
Old 03-06-2017 | 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

So I swapped it yesterday and I have nothing but the speed sensor plugged in. The car runs well with no major issues. Speedometer runs at 0-35 MPH no matter how fast and I have a shift B solenoid code. But it runs and drives well!

reverse is tough but I am muscular 210 so It is not un bearable.

Quick Reply: Should I expect tuning issues t56 swapping a car with an auto harness and tune