Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Large LTFT imbalance B1-B2

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Large LTFT imbalance B1-B2

I've recently noticed that at certain throttle positions my LTFTs vary from 7-10% bank to bank. Its not an intake leak, that I'm positive. It was throwing an O2 code a while back for a heater circuit malfunction, but I turned it off as I figured it was because of the headers. Wonder if its a bum O2 sensor or a funky injector. Anybody ever had either one of these things cause this problem? My LTFTs lock at 12% on one bank at WOT, and I'm in the process of trying to fix that, but when ones 12% and the other is only 2%, that makes it difficult.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls
I've recently noticed that at certain throttle positions my LTFTs vary from 7-10% bank to bank. Its not an intake leak, that I'm positive. It was throwing an O2 code a while back for a heater circuit malfunction, but I turned it off as I figured it was because of the headers. Wonder if its a bum O2 sensor or a funky injector. Anybody ever had either one of these things cause this problem? My LTFTs lock at 12% on one bank at WOT, and I'm in the process of trying to fix that, but when ones 12% and the other is only 2%, that makes it difficult.

This is something you definitely need to correct. I had this issue a while back when I had a leaking band clamp. It was about the same difference as yours was off. The passenger side would read +12 and the other 0 or +2. Once I replaced the band clamp with one that would actually fit around the y-pipe tight it completely got them back in sync. As far as what it could be you sound like you know some of the typical culprits but if you had a bad heater code then I would switch your O2 Sensor's around and if it the problems follows the sensor you know just to replace the bad one and be done.

Quick Reply: Large LTFT imbalance B1-B2